DON’T BE A VICTIM / DON’T ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE SCAMMED
From the President: It saddens me to hear what mobile home owners are being told – all in the interest of personal greed. A member called one evening asking about copper wiring – someone was telling her before she sold she would have to replace all aluminum wiring with copper. Please, please read on. Don’t allow yourself to be scammed. Unscrupulous people are taking advantage of those who are weak and defenseless in our parks. Let’s all get the word out and help protect our friends and neighbors.
- Many people try to make money off you. CoMO-CAL is NOT one of them.
- You are a member of CoMO-CAL. Let us protect you. You can trust us!!! We have NOTHING to gain by telling you anything but the truth.
- Do not trust what those people say. They may not be telling you the truth because they can make money by lying to you. CoMO-CAL is your friend – CoMo-CAL is your family. Consult with us before you believe anything a handyman, contractor, manager, or owner tells you. If we don’t have an answer, we can consult with our attorneys.
- When you sell your home, you DO NOT have to bring it up to “code.” (The HCD will do an inspection for $66 – the inspection involves only exterior items – like steps, porches, railings, extension chords….anything that is a HEALTH AND SAFETY item may have to be repaired—they give you 30 days. Neither HCD or the park can inspect inside your home.
- When you sell your home, you DO NOT have to replace all aluminum wiring with copper wiring.
- When you sell your home, you DO NOT have to install all copper plumbing.
- When you sell your home, the park CAN NOT require new siding, a new roof, a new porch, etc. just because their Rules and Regulations require this for incoming homes. These rules do not apply to homes already in the park.
- Educate yourself. Be aware. Question, question. Do not believe all you read or hear.
- Park managers (usually) are not your friends. Many make additional money by telling you to use only a certain Real Estate Agent or handyman. Many make money when they convince you that you must move your older home. Many make money by harassing and intimidating you so you eventually leave the park. That’s what many owners want!
- We talk of protecting your investment and your way of life. We can help, but ultimately you are the one with the responsibility. We are here to answer your questions. Do not hesitate to call us. It helps all of us when you take care of yourself. Don’t be a victim!
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER. WE ARE ALL FAMILY. LET’S HELP EACH OTHER