A short time ago we were contacted by Donald DeVore who has spent 30 years of his life working for mobilehome owners and has written a terrific book titled “Mobile Home Wars.” Here is a partial list of the chapters:
CHAPTER-1: THE HISTORY OF MOBILE/MANUFACTURED HOUSING
CHAPTER-4: MOBILE HOME LANDLORD/TENANT LAWS
CHAPTER-7: MANUFACTURED HOUSING ISSUES
CHAPTER-9: HOME OWNER ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER-10: LEGAL BATTLES
CHAPTER-11: FINANCING AND INSURANCE FOR MANUFACTURED HOUSING
CHAPTER-14: RENTAL AND LEASE AGREEMENTS
CHAPTER-15: GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES
CHAPTER-16: LEGISLATION FOR THE FUTURE MODEL MANUFACTURED HOUSING ACT DECLARATION & LEGISLATIVE INTENT
ALL CoMO-CAL members should read it. Donald is RIGHT ON! Here are a few quotes from the book:
- The owners of manufactured housing have one of the biggest voting blocks in the state as a group of people and voters. As a group, you are a sleeping Giant.
- Every community should have a Home Owner Association (HOA).
- Some of the rental communities …, including very nice ones, were referred to as “Concentration Camps.”
- Currently, Congress and the President are worried about 10-12 million illegal aliens, but they do not have time to help 40 million American citizens who own and live in manufactured housing.
- The Mobile Home Landlord/Tenant Law is a bucket of cow manure. (It is the wrong premise of law to use)
Donald also talks about GSMOL, AARP, HUD, the Rocky Mountain Mobile Home Owners League (which he formed as was president), and much more.
Mobile Home Wars is available through CoMO-CAL. We ask for a donation of at least $8.50 by email, or $12.00 for a “hard copy” mailed directly to you. It is in MS word. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A COPY!