Uploaded on Oct 14, 2008

Glenn Bell of Neighborhood Friends speaks on mobile home parks at a recent Saving L.A Project Townhall:

Our industry has a virus. And, like any computer virus, it is spreading and mutating throughout our network of mobile home parks. These parks are being purchased by mega-million-dollar corporations with the explicit intention to bleed the homeowners” dry of all financial resources. Only 2% of all MHP’s in California are protected by city rent control laws. These corporations are now attacking the cities themselves via expensive litigation in an effort to break the city, and all rent control regulations. The other 98% are now, or soon will be paying 60% to 80% of their household budget in space rent.